From parent of Carl
Carl has really enjoyed his time at Evolve, he comes home smiling every day. He has really changed in the past few months. The staff at Evolve are real miracle workers.
Carl’s improvements are:
- Better non-verbal communication; coming face to face with you to convey that he needs changing or he wants the TV or music changed.
- Improved life skills. Carl can now hold a loaded fork and can feed himself. He does drop the fork once he has put the food in his mouth, but still a great step forward.
- Improved routine. Carl has daily tasks at Evolve which we try to emulate at home. This makes him smile and he laughs out loud.
- Carl seems to be more content, less stressed in life. Evolve keep him active and interested in what is going on around him.
- He has become more inquisitive and will make his way around the rooms in the house looking for things and people to play with (especially his brother);
- He will now join us on the sofa and will watch TV with us whilst holding your hand.
Evolve has improved Carl’s outlook on life and he is thrilled to go there.