Embracing Disability. Empowering Lives.
Our vision is to empower individuals with learning disabilities to realise their full potential. At SoLO, we create a comfortable, safe, and secure environment for our service users, enabling them to be stretched, challenged, and take risks.
In the past, many individuals living with learning disabilities were not given the opportunity to reach their true potential. We aim to break down these barriers and eliminate social norms that have hindererd individuals with learning disabilities, enabling them to achieve their utmost potential in life.
Therefore, we are dedicated to educating the community and advocating for the evidence-based, professional approach embodied in our S.T.A.R. Quality values:
- Services are fully risk assessed and using appropriate equipment and resources
- Staff act with professionalism and are vigilant at all times
- Venues and environments are fit for purpose
- Positive relationships are evidenced
- We deliver on our promises
- All staff, together and individually, are reliable, prompt and responsive, and honest in all their dealings
- Fun, activities, fully inclusive and person-centred
- Staff listen and respond to the needs of every individual
- Appropriate and creative resources are used
- We respond to change, whilst maintaining focus on aims and objectives
- We learn from mistakes
- We keep the needs of our service users at the heart of all we do
- Our services offer good value for money
- Our staff go the extra mile to consistently consistently high standards
- SoLO members achieve positive outcomes