As we move into 2019 – with its various challenges (known and unknown) to come, we at SoLO can be buoyed up with the festive spirit demonstrated to us by some wonderful community-minded individuals coming together in their own time to do their thing for others. Whether it was dressing up in festive finery (bikes and selves!) to cycle in a good cause – or turning up in droves for the annual festive walk – SoLO has a lot of amazing people to be grateful for.
During 2018, Prime Accountants had already shown us the way to go by their sheer tenacity to go the extra mile to support others whilst challenging themselves at the same time. Partnering with SoLO and Zoe’s Place over a two-year period they created several challenges and raised a staggering amount. (I can tell you that a “space hopperathon” challenge is not to be taken lightly!) We wish them well in their new partnerships for 2019 as we say a huge thank you to them from all of us.
- Coventry Building Society organised a “Coventree” encouraging their customers do donate festive gifts as well as a Wonderland event where we were able to promote and raise £170
- we received kind donations of festive selection packs from various organisations and individuals so that we could organise Christmas parties for our members, safe in the knowledge that Santa would have some help
- Dynamic Rides, Hockley Heath, organised a festive cycle ride and raffle for us, raising a staggering £1000
- the annual Festive Walk organised by Knowle & Dorridge Lions will have raised over £9000 for local causes, including their partner charities SoLO and The Sepsis Trust
- Dorridge Methodist Church Christmas service collection donated £265
- Solihull Care Housing Association donated £50 instead of sending staff Christmas cards
- Explain Market Research donated £20 as SoLO had been nominated by one of their market research participants
Yes the sums raised have been amazing – but, equally so is the goodwill – the willingness and dedication of so many individuals who give their time to do something amazing for others – and have such fun at the same time. And it’s not over yet! We are lucky to have so many opportunities – to get involved, to support our members and to have fun at the same time. If you would like to see what it’s all about, we would love you to join us for any of the following:
Friday 8th February – Murder Mystery Evening at Hogarths Hotel – come prepared for a night of mystery and intrigue, laughter and fun. You’ll have the opportunity to question suspects in a murder investigation to solve the crime. There will be twists and turns throughout the evening, along with prizes to be won from our raffle and auction – and finishing with a disco to dance the night away – what more could you want! Click on the link to find out more www.eventsforce.net/solomurdermystery
Sunday 8th May – Knowle Fun Run – support SoLO by entering as a runner or volunteering as a marshal. Further info from http://www.knowlefunrun.org.uk/
Sunday 2nd June – Dorridge Fun Run – we are delighted to be a partner charity again for 2019 and look forward to an amazing day. You can choose to walk, run, cycle, marshal or help in the tea room. Further info from http://dorridgefunrun.org/
For further information, contact Maria, Fundraising Co-ordinator on 0121 779 3865 or email her on email@example.com. She will be delighted to hear from you.
Thank you and look forward to what’s in store to ensure SoLO can support existing and new members.